Here’s a simple recipe that can be put together super fast for one of those days when you have no idea what to have for dinner! This salsa is light and fresh with a spicy note from the cayenne pepper! For a dinner idea, enjoy it with whole wheat or gluten-free pasta with a drizzle of olive oil or mixed with cooked beans and topped with sauteed greens for a hearty dinner meal..or it’s perfect as a dip with crunchy crackers or tortilla’s.
- 1 small jar canned artichokes, rinsed & drained (6.5 oz)
- 1 jar roasted red bell peppers, rinsed & drained (~12 oz)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until desired texture is reached. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. If I hand cilantro on hand, it would be a great addition. If you prefer a milder salsa, decrease the amount of cayenne pepper or omit it all together.