Here is a nutrient dense recipe with plenty of protein to keep you satisfied all day. Pinto beans are high in both soluble and insoluble fiber to keep your blood sugar stable, while nutritional yeast adds additional protein, fiber, and plenty of vitamins and minerals, especially the B-vitamins. Many people enjoy it over popcorn, as it imparts a salty and cheesy taste and use it as a replacement for cheese in recipes. Try a sprinkle over your favorite pasta, lightly steamed vegetables, or on top of your favorite homemade pizza.
Cheesy Bean Dip
- 2 cups cooked pinto beans
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- ¼ to 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 teaspoons chickpea miso dissolved in ¾ cup water
- 2 teaspoons Mexican seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne powder
- 4 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
Combine all ingredients in a Vita Mix blender or another high powered blender. Blend until all ingredients are thoroughly combined. Serve with crudités, spread on your favorite crackers, or as a dressing for your salad.